Thursday, September 2, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Ok so this is something new from me...
Got the idea from http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/, really cool idea!
Lu also mentioned this to me, so lets see how it goes...

I can't wait to get my hands on

It's the story of a young girl who went missing and was found the next day, brutally raped, beaten and run over by a car.  The story is a true story as told by the girls sister, who happens to be on Goodreads. She told me a little about her story. He sister was on her way to meet her at school when she went missing.

I love books about true crime and am waiting for my copy to start reading more about this.

The book was written by Karen Beaudin, and she's such a remarkable person! The way she handled everything really makes you want to read her story...

Post some of the upcomming attractions you're waiting for here! I'd love to hear from you.
By the way, I know I'm late, its thursday, but bare with me

A little teaser from the book

As I walked into the house, the scene I beheld was like something out of a movie. Every eye turned toward me, but no one spoke a word. 'What's wrong?' As tears ran down my sister's face, she said, with a voice filled with sobs, 'Kathy's dead; she's been murdered.'

2 comments:

Sugar and Snark said...

Wait what is the books name! You made me curious!

Niecole said...

The books name is A Child is Missing

You should come chat with Karen on our Obsessed with True Crime group, she's freaking remarkable, what a lady!