Thursday, November 18, 2010

Greek gods

For a very very long time I’ve had this fascination with Greek Mythology.



And just a moment ago I spoke to my friend Lauren who is writing an exam on mythology and ancient religion. Up to when she told me about it I didn’t know much about any other Mythology expect the Roman and Greek. So I thought I’d do some research and share it with you all.


But first things first… I must tell you who my favourite god is! I love Artemis, ever since I read “Gods behaving badly” she made such a great impression on me.


Who is your favourite and why?


So to indulge some of you in some Greek mythology I’ve decided to post a god every week. I’ll also include some other myths every now and then…

I'll also be exploring some of the other mythology there is, and you can share your views with me, I'd really enjoy that!

So here goes the first god:

 Zeus:

Zeus was the god of the sky and ruler of the Olympian gods. Zeus overthew his Father Cronus. He then drew lots with his brothers Poseidon and Hades. Zeus won the draw and became the supreme ruler of the gods. He is lord of the sky, the rain god. His weapon is a thunderbolt which he hurls at those who displease him. He is married to Hera but, is famous for his many affairs. He is also known to punish those that lie or break oaths. He is represented as the god of justice and mercy, the protector of the weak, and the punisher of the wicked.


No comments: