So here is my list then:
1. Jimmy aka Snowman - Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (one of the characters described most in this book, you just feel like you know Jimmy and feel sorry for him when he goes through stuff :))
2. Will - Firelight by Sophie Jordan (I just really fell in love with this guy!)
3. Howl - Howl's moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (A funny character that starts off scaring you, but grows on you absolutely)
4. Sancha of Aragon - The Borgia Bride by Jeanne Kalogridis (This character has inspired me to read more about the Borgia's, also such a strong women this is!)
5. Artemis - Gods behaving Badly by Marie Phillips (I love her! I've always love Greek mythology, and now Artemis is my favorite god by far!)
6. Katniss Everdeen - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (A strong, brave girl, a great book, great character)
7. All the characters from Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan (Percy, Annabeth, Grover, the gods, everyone is great, I love this series)
8. Yuki Castellano - The 5th Horseman by James Patterson (My favorite character probably this year, I love her so much I named my Chinese Shar Pei puppy after her)
9. Lux - The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides (There's just something about Lux that makes you want to be her)
10. Sayuri - Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (This books is absolutely one of my favorites and Sayuri is a wonderful character and person, I love her so much that I might name a second dog after her :))
11. Marion Halcombe - The Women in White by Wilkie Collins (Strong lady, smart, gutsy, everything you can look up to)
12. Zsadist - Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward (Wow, favorite character competing here)
There are so so many more, I tend to fall in love with at least one character per book really :)
Most significant book for 2010 for me was Memoirs of a Geisha...
This book was one I never thought I'd love, but from the get go I couldn't put it down, something about it drew me towards it. The life of Sayuri and her sister was so sad, and I felt for Sayuri, I could feel what she was going through. I will never take love for granted again.