This week the topic is best movie adaptations, go check it out at The Broke and the Bookish...
I've read a load of books that I never knew were made into movies, or seen movies that I never knew were based on a book, so my list will be a combination of this. Here goes!:
1. Harry Potter - I love the books and the movies, but the books have a great deal more detail... another funny thing, when I read the books (before watching the movies) I pictured a lot of things exactly like it was in the movie!!! I do think that Hugh Grant would have made a better proff Lockheart...
2. Lemony Snickets tale of unfortunate events - Only seen the movie but I intend to read all the books and collect them. LOVED the movie, it was done in a great way and I liked all the big hitting stars that were in there.
3. Fight Club - Oh boy, only seen the movie, but it was awesome! I'd love to read the book and see if there was more info on it there. Brad Pitt isn't really dreamy to me but in this book he sure is, and HBC is AMAZING!
4. Shutter Island - I havent read the book but I've heard great things, and the movie was AMAZING! A great book, with twists and turns, its funny and dramatic all rolled into one.
5. Lord of the Rings - Here I have to admit that I liked the movie more than the books... The books got a bit boring to me after a while, but maybe it was because I read them when I was younger... I'll give them another shot I suppose.
6. The Vampire Diaries - Ok so its not a movie, but I still love the series. I also loved the books, although they differ a lot. Its interesting to read the books and then watch the series.
7. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief - I love fantasy and the Greek gods, so this was a no brainer for me to watch. It's always interesting how they will adapt certain things into a movie.
8. The Virgin Suicides - A saw the movie before I read the book, but both were great. When I finally did read the book, years after I saw the movie, I had to see the movie again! The book was recommended to me by a friend, and I cant thank her enough.
9. Memoirs of a Geisha - After watching the movie I didnt want to read the book, the movie wasnt that great to me, but a couple of years later I couldnt resist getting the book, I read it and now its one of my all time favorite books ever! What a great story.
10. Twilight - Yes I know some of you might not agree, but I did enjoy both. The writing style of the book isnt really that great at times and the movie tends to get soppy a bit, but I enjoyed it, it was fun!
So there is my Top Ten, tell me what's yours or leave a link?