Friday, July 22, 2011

Follow Friday and Blog Hop Friday

FOLLOW FRIDAY WITH PARAJUNKEE!


This great meme is hosted by Parajunkee...

RULES
 To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - We Fancy Books & Unrequited Desire
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog! 
So this weeks questions is:

Q. Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from?

Wow, ok so I'd really love to have a sit down with JK Rowling, for most obvious reasons. I love her, I think I really do, she changed my life with her books! I'd just tell her to write more Harry books!!! James Patterson is my other author... I love his Womens Murder Club series and I'd also tell him to write more books, more and more and more!!! I'd just want to find out from both of them how they manage to do it? How do all those stories just flow out of them? Did JK drink some magical potion to create this great series? Did James work as an Police Officer to be able to think of all the crimes he writes about? The other author is Phillipa Gregory, I'd tell her I love her work, I bet we'll chat about Royal History for hours! And I'd tell her to do a little bit more research on her books because some of her facts just aren't right! But I'd tell her I love her work anyway :)

What's your answer

 

BLOGGER HOP!

This great meme is hosted by Crazy for Books.

Book Blogger Hop
 
How it Works
As long as you meet the qualifications of a book blogger, you may add your book blog link into the linky list below.  But before you do that, there are a few requirements.  Read up, to save yourself a headache with the linky!  :)


2. While you are creating your post, answer the following question (there’s a new prompt each week)!

Q: What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?
Mine would have to be the heavy sci fi stuff, aliens and things, but like ultra sci fi, I can still read things like I Am Number Four which was sci fi for me, but no more than that. I just don't like it and I dont know why. Another thing I dont like is when authors writing fantasy goes totally overboard! Really, have just vampires or just magic or just fairies, don't have all 3 in one, and don't make it sooooo soppy... I'm also board to death with romantic vampires! Another "genre" I just can't get into is autobiographies, I wish I could read more of it, but it bores me! Unless it's about someone that I truely admire, I just can't get into it...
What's your answer

13 comments:

Kyanara_BJD said...

Hi,
Real sci-fi is not a genre I read Eigther.
Stopping by for the blog hop.
Have a wonderfull weekend!

Kyanara from Laced Little Muffin's reading corner

Patricia said...

My genre I guess is eclectic. I have a hard time with Paranormal/Fantasy and Horror/blood/gore.
Following you on GFC.
http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com

TC said...

Hi, just hopping on by, will be a new follower once I've posted this. I like all the authors you mentioned, great choices!

Lauren B said...

I would also love to meet J. K. Rowling.
Here's my Blog Hop

Belle said...

I love your blog, beautiful design! I chose JK too. I'm a new followe :)

Anonymous said...

Re: Book Blogger Hop
I agree that any book that is over-the-top is hard to take. It seems like some authors try way to hard to impress.

Anonymous said...

Just blogging by, happy Friday!

Unknown said...

Hopped on over from Parajunkee's site! Great choices, this is the first time I've seen someone list James Patterson! How about a dinner party with JK Rowling, James Patterson, and Phillipa Gregory? How much fun would that be?? Anyway, you can see who I chose over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
Have a great weekend!
Courtney
*now following as BookJunkie

Gianne said...

Hi I'm a new follower, just hopped through PJ's site. I'd love to meet James Patterson as well, I love his books!

Feel free to check out my FF if you'd like :) http://aneverendingfantasy.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-book-blogger-hop-1.html

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I don't really get into the sci-fi with the aliens and stuff either. I totally understand.

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I am not a sci fi person either.
I'd love to read JK Rowling. Such an important author.
My Hop

Daniel A Kaine said...

Hi. Happy Belated FF from a new follower. Interesting choices.

http://shikiharu.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Oh! I totally forgot autobiographies .. most memoirs I can't get into ... and ESPECIALLY celebrity memoirs - usually NOT well-written and almost always narcissistic!