Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday
Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish with a different theme each week. This week we’re talking:
Top Ten Books - Required Reading for Teens
1. To Kill a Mockingbird - This story just blew my mind when I read it in the 10th grade. The story is something that will stay with you for the rest of you life. The characters become people that you wish you'd known.
2. Harry Potter Series - Well, these are the books that really got me reading again, so I'd reccomend it to any teen who doesnt like to read, because this will surely change your mind. Everything in this word that Ms Rowling created is just fantastic to read and your imagination can go wild.
3. The Book Thief - Wow, I didn't think I'd like this book, but it was amazing. You get some history swept into a great story. You'll either love it or hate it.
6. A Midsummers Night Dream - I LOVED this book, probably the only book by Shakespear that I did love, I saw a play about it too, and it was brilliant. Shakespear was really "cool" with this book.
8. The Great Gatsby - It would not have been a chore even if I was forced to read this one... I love the 1920's and this book just opend up that world to me. Another great story and a lesson tucked in.
9. Anne Frank - I found this book utterly boring, but the fact that it was written by a girl hiding from Nazi's is what made it a great book. I'd read it along side the Book Thief.
10. The Hunger Games - Just a great series of books that everyone should read, and everyone would love
I agree with a friend that I'm not a fan of required reading, especially not for teens, but I think that all people, young and old, should read these books...