Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review - A Feast for Crows

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this one once again.

The story was cut in two by our author because, as he explained, the story was getting a bit lengthy and he didn't want us to go reading 2000 pages on one go.

In this edition we get to meet the Prince and Princess of Dome, we meet the rest of they Greyjoy's and some of the other characters are kept out until part two of the book.

I can't really tell you more about my favorite characters than you already know, I rave about them so much you must be getting sick it.

So it seems that the tenants in Kingslanding are getting what they deserve, and I'm sure I wont have to tell you all who I'm talking about do I? Some characters have really changed and other have just gotten worse.

Catelyn Stark reappears but her children seem to be moving past one another.
No word on Jon Snow, Dany, Tyrion or Bran and Rickon in this edition, but Martin promises to put them in the second half. Arya is here, although she's known as someone else at the moment, so is Sansa. Sansa might be the off the better than the others.
Sam Tarly has proven to be a great character, I really love this big fat boy. Sam gets to travel bag to his home to take the Maester away from harm but I'm thinking that some awesome things await him.
Jon has been made the Lord Commander but does not feature a great deal.

What I just wanted to say was how brilliant all these books have been to me. I never thought that I'd actually read them (1000 pages are a bit intimidating)yet I read them and they have changed my life like only Harry Potter has done before. Martin is a great author with a wonderful imagination and I cannot wait to read the last of the books to find out what happens to everyone.

I don't believe Martin would have brought Dany into the story if he didn't plan something wonderful for her, so I'm patiently waiting for that.

I don't want to give too much of the story away so I'll just say, if you've read the first book, then you HAVE to continue, really you do. Great things happen, sad things happen and the story is amazing.


View all my reviews

No comments: