Friday, September 30, 2011

Review - Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate #3)

Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate, #3)Blameless by Gail Carriger


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

****SPOILERS AHEAD****

Currently this is the last book of the series that I have, and that I've read.

I can't wait to get my hands on the next one.

The book is a real Steampunk Victorian wonder.

The main character, Alexia, is a hoot! Really, I loved her, she's not only bold and different, she's just the opposite of what we've always believed a damsel should be like. ***spoiler*** Not only does she fight of vampires and other supernatural, but she actually goes and falls in love with a werewolf.

The book was well written and the story line flowed well, making you want to read it. I hate it when books give too much details or drag on and on about nonsense. This one (and the others in the series) gave just enough info and it was a quick and easy read.

So Alexia is different (in the book and as a character). When she touches the supernatural they turn human! Thus many of afraid of her. She gets hunted down by the Vampires who find out something about her (that she'd rather not have the whole world know right away). She fights off Vampires, Templar's and weird scientists who want to study the "female specimen".

Not only is there load of action in this one, there's also love, friendship and a bunch of laughs.

I've never read a Steampunk book before and I'm surprised at how much I loved it, especially the bits where Queen Victoria show up.

View all my reviews

No comments: