Tuesday, October 30, 2012

50 Shades of Grey

Finally, I'm going to blog about Fifty Shades of Grey...



It's been a while since reading the book, but I've been seeing a lot of posts about it and comments flying around all over the place, so I thought I'd put in my two cents too.

Let me start by saying I wasn't all that keen to read the books in the first place, but I'd heard so much about it that I did eventually get intrigued, and in the end I got copies of the books (yes all 3) from a friend of mine...

The first book read very quickly. I entered into the second book and finished that in a bit more time than the first, and currently busy with the third. I would just like to add that I'm not sure why people are comparing these books to the Twilight series, as there are no vampires etc involved at all.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Synopsis:

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.
 
Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

This book is intended for mature audiences.


So Anna is this young student, very conservative etc, and she gets to interview Christian Grey, whom is a gorgeous, rich mogul... mmmmmmm sounds just right doesn't it?
Of course Mr Grey falls in love with Anna, and she feels very unworthy as she's not as attractive as her friend and not as talented, blah blah blah... but still they end up together, and Grey ADORES her...

The thing is that this book wasn't really a literary power house, you only read it to get to the "kinky" bits... you didn't really care about how he would buy her gifts and do things for her. I totally just read it because of what people have said about the book. And I must say that this book did NOT dissapoint!! I read it at work on a pdf and had to get up a couple of times just to "cool" off lol. It makes you want to do things with someone, whether it's your partner or not! It really does. I've recommended this book to so many of my married friends and they LOVED it, telling me how it's really spiced up their love life.

So for that, the book was great, story line? Not so much. You can see on my review that there wasn't much to say about the literature part of the book. (A little like Twilight I must admit)
I'm just also going to mention that I've read the other books, but the first one was much more exciting than the others. Will post my reviews as soon as I'm done :)


No comments: