Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Hi there everyone!

I know I've been gone for a while, but do not worry, I'm back!

I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas and that you'll all be safe and blogging on soon.

What did you get up to this Christmas?
Well here's a low down on mine...



I got back from Johannesburg at 02:00 Friday morning after visiting my brother...
Tradition in our family is to get together on 24 December and then at 12 we hand out presents and wish each other a merry Christmas.
So you can guess how tired I was, because there was no time to sleep during the day as I had to help my parents with last minute shopping...
So then the evening we all got together (me, my mom, dad, gran, aunt and uncle, cousin Lerine and her husband and two children, cousin Danene with her husband and two children and my cousin Cecil, with a bunch of extended family there as well) and we had some great snacks that we all get together and make. Then before it was 12 we read the bible story of the birth of Jesus and then handed out presents.

The next day (well Christmas) I spent with my immediate family and we had lunch and lazed at home and by the pool (Its really hot in South Africa at this moment).

Christmas time is one of my favorite times of the year, I love to be with my family. My cousins have kiddies under the age of 7) 4 of them and I love to see their faces when they open up their gifts. Nicholas (he's two) got so many great things, but the thing he enjoyed most was bubbles that he got... also he really enjoyed some of his parents gifts more :).
My two little nieces Mila and Nina got this great toy, its paper dolls (who of you remember them!) but their magnetic, so the clothes stick to them! Its so amazing and I told my cousin I want one to :)
My eldest nephiew Steyn got Cricket gear (cricket is a summer sport we play in SA) and he loved it! His gran says the next day he didnt want to take off the gloves he got with the bat :)

Tell me what you got up to during Christmas?
And what are you planning on doing for New Years Eve???
Any great ideas you want to give me?

Chat to you soon my pretties :)

No comments: